We have data indicating there are over 1.2 billion people accessing the web from smart phones and tablets.
- Tablets and smartphones make up 35% of organic search traffic.
- 61% of people have a better opinion of brands when they offer a good mobile experience.
- 60% of mobile shoppers use their smartphones while in a store, and another 50% while on their way to a store.
- 90% of people move between devices to accomplish a goal, whether that’s on smartphones, PCs, tablets or TV.
- Websites mis-configured for tablets and smartphones lose 68% of smartphone traffic. In leiu of this information it’s safe to say that, your competitors can take 68% of your smartphone traffic.
Our data also indicates that the global wearable technology market, which valued nearly USD 750.0 million in 2012, is expected to rise with a CAGR of 40.8% between 2012 and 2018, and rise to a value worth USD 5.8 billion by 2018.
If you aren’t optimizing your content and sites for mobile, social and wearables traffic, time is running out.
It also cannot be understated how the issues of site encryption and mobile-friendly design will continue to be pushed to the forefront of SEO tasks in the coming months. If you haven’t embraced responsive or adaptive design or secured your site via https, those need to be top priorities in 2015.